Become a Daisy Companion Driver
Daisy Drivers are very important; they are the face of Driving Miss Daisy. Daisy Drivers deliver the driving and companion services to our clients and their professional, caring approach changes people’s lives.
The information below shows the standard our Drivers work to.
Become a Daisy Driver
All Drivers are required to have a Private Hire Licence (PHL). This is carried out through Council Licensing Authorities. This process usually entails some or all of the following
- an advanced DBS check (Police check)
- a driving assessment carried out by the Blue Lamp Trust, or approved alternative
- a personal medical to satisfy the PHL requirements
- a knowledge test of your local area (sometimes)
In addition, all Daisy Drivers
- have the Driving Miss Daisy approved First-Aid training and certification
- Positive Handling training
- Wheelchair training
- Become a Dementia Friend
- Have a Driver’s Manual detailing all aspects of standards and delivering the Driving Miss Daisy service
We are always interested to hear from people who would like to become a Daisy Driver and look for competent, compassionate individuals who genuinely would like to make a difference in their community. Please call 0333 014 6211 for more information.